Mobile phone switches to 'Engaged'

(4 Posts)
NewspaperTaxis Sat 03-Sep-16 16:20:22

A loose acquaintance gave me her mobile number, I gave her mine. Some days later I called, and it rang, then switched to the engaged tone.

Since then, it's always been the same. I've called maybe three or four times over a month, it rings then switches to engaged. Is it possible to do that for unwanted callers?

Now, we exchanged numbers after a friendly, confiding chat about a third party - not bitching or anything, but the sort of chat where you may need a further chat about proceeding re going to authorities. Not any kind of business or romantic angle where you are later meant to infer 'They don't want my attention in that way, then'... etc etc

Given the circs, I do wonder if that third party hasn't defamed me, so I am merely curious whether it's possible to arrange for a mobile to be forever engaged when your name comes up.

VioletBam Sun 04-Sep-16 14:50:50

It sounds like they've blocked your number.

Perhaps they've had second thoughts about the "plan" or whatever it was.

I don't think you should try the number any more.

NewspaperTaxis Fri 09-Sep-16 11:16:39

Yeah, okay. Thanks for the heads up.

Northernlight22 Fri 09-Sep-16 11:18:04

Try calling from a different number and see if it does the same? If it dials ok then they've blocked your number

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now