Neighbour's ambulance. Be a curtain twitcher or busybody?

(12 Posts)
Amoamasamat Mon 11-Jan-16 22:40:59

Ambulance (with blue light) is outside elderly neighbour's house. Paramedics and other neighbours are in neighbour's house already.
Do you:
A) Rush over immediately and find out if you can help?
B) Wait until the ambulance has gone to go over and ask?
C) Not go at all?

Very interested in WYWD.

Gliblet Mon 11-Jan-16 22:43:52

Wait for the ambulance to leave, depending on time then go over to one of the neighbours to check if things are okay/anything I can do.

RudeElf Mon 11-Jan-16 22:45:05

hmm What exactly could you do to help that the paramedics or other neighbours arent already doing? Dont be nosey.

Hassled Mon 11-Jan-16 22:45:19

I'd do A, partly out of unbridled nosiness and partly because I'd want to help.

WildeWoman Mon 11-Jan-16 22:46:21

I just curtain twitch. Unless I know and care about the person.

Pobspits Mon 11-Jan-16 22:47:49

I would ask the other neighbours when I saw them next.

MaliaGrace Mon 11-Jan-16 23:11:22

Depends how many other neighbours are there and how well you know the ill person.

I would go over and ask if I could lock up house/maybe get some thing together for them/contact family etc thus leaving the other neighbour to accompany them in the ambulance to hospital.

magicsoakingmyspine Mon 11-Jan-16 23:24:13

While paramedics were upstairs trying to resuscitate my dad in the early hours after a heart attack my mum was desperate for a neighbour to come round and see her. Fortunately one did and it really did give her comfort.

RudeElf Mon 11-Jan-16 23:26:39

OP said there are already neighbours (plural) there so someone to go with sick neighbour, and someone to stay behind and pack a bag/lock up/offer comfort.

RudeElf Mon 11-Jan-16 23:28:21

Fwiw i can think of nothing worse than a load of nosey "helpful" neighbours piling into my house whilst i was in such a vulnerable state.

gandalf456 Mon 11-Jan-16 23:28:46

I am with pobspits. We've had this and other neighbours who are closer have already been there so wouldn't have felt justified in turning up without looking like a nosy bugger

amarmai Mon 11-Jan-16 23:37:45

i've been on the other end as the one getting into the ambulance with my younger boy who said he cdn't breathe and the family next door, dad, 2 boys and gm all stood on their doorstep and stared-i asked them if i cd sell them fucking tickets and the ambulance guy sniggered. My boy had drunk a bottle of grape flavoured cough suppressant . Wish they had peeked out the window instead as no help or concern was being offered -before my rude offer i mean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now