Boob-job etiquette

(12 Posts)
LynetteScavo Mon 04-Nov-13 21:43:47

Friend has had a boob-job.

I only know because other friend has said "don't tell her I told you..." then told me.

Is it like she's been to the hairdressers, and I say "Oh, your boobs look nice."?

Because I "will" be looking at her chest....I won't be able to stop myself.

BillyGoatintheBuff Mon 04-Nov-13 22:03:29

Can you say something like 'You're looking really good' then do a big smile and hope that is sufficient? One woman I know loved being complimented on her new big boobs. And really sometimes you cannot help but notice can you? We all like getting compliments so try for a nice vague all encompassing one!

littlemissnormal Mon 04-Nov-13 22:07:45

I've had mine done and I told everybody because I thought they'd obviously notice and I'd feel like a bit of a Wally pretending that I hadn't had one.
But I do know of 2 people who have had them and not told people as they didn't want people to know.
So I would say, if she hasn't mentioned it then you shouldn't.

DontmindifIdo Mon 04-Nov-13 22:10:33

agree with "you look good!" and leave it at that.

magicbiscuits Sat 14-Dec-13 19:31:25

She'll probably be buying lots of new clothes and be wanting compliments on the outfits - if she's anything like my friend that's a good way round the topic grin

PinkPepper Sat 14-Dec-13 20:22:30

I think if you say something like 'wow you look great' (as long as she does look well enough!) gives her chance to say, or if she doesn't want to she will still get the boost?

iliketea Sat 14-Dec-13 20:27:36

I have no idea of the ettiquete, but surely it depends on how much of a boob job it is. As in, if she was an AA and went up to a B or C, chances are she wanted to look natural and people not know. OTOH, if she's gone up from B to a FF, for example, she probably wants it to be noticed.

Twoandtwohalves Sat 14-Dec-13 20:30:10

Iliketea has it I think. And definitely "you're looking good" rather than "you're looking well" (which I always hear as "you're looking fat" even thought I know that is rarely the intention paranoid).

nonmifairidere Mon 06-Jan-14 00:01:59

As long as you don't say 'OMG, your tis look ginormous' you should be OK.

nonmifairidere Mon 06-Jan-14 00:03:21

tits - obvs.

MissHobart Wed 12-Feb-14 20:10:55

grin @ nom - yeah, I'd probably avoid doing that unless I knew that was the intention!

Jolleigh Fri 21-Feb-14 19:51:49

How close a friend is she? If it were me and we were fairly close, I'd probably slap on a slightly confused look and just state 'your boobs look bigger than normal'. but then, subtlety isn't something my friends have come to expect from me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now