Sending wedding thank you cards to parents?

(4 Posts)
pinkgirlythoughts Fri 20-Sep-13 21:26:04

Yes or no? We are sending cards to all of the gift-givers, but not sure whether it would be appropriate or not to send a card to each of our parents? Also, my dad and step-mum didn't actually give us a gift at the wedding, but did give us a fair amount of money well beforehand, to help with wedding costs. How would we phrase their card?

MiconiumHappens Fri 20-Sep-13 21:33:33

Do send them and write them from the heart.

574ejones Tue 01-Oct-13 19:04:21

Go for it.

I know this is the other way round, but my Dad wrote each of his children a letter after his second marriage last year, about how he appreciated all the support we have given him and welcomed his partner. It was very touching and something that I will always keep.

So whether it was gifts or money or just support, a thank you will be welcomed I am sure.

allbottledup Mon 14-Oct-13 23:36:42

Write cards to thank them for their love and support with the wedding and the start of your marriage. Our thank-you cards to our parents were the longest of all that we sent! MIL has hers permanently on display.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now