bullied at my local park, by adults!!

(11 Posts)
Kristal123 Thu 05-Sep-13 18:12:45

I took my 2 children down to the park outside my building earlier today, I was pushing them both on the swings when a group of women with children came over and one said "excuse me" I looked at her and she said "that's my baby" I was confused didn't really get it, she just kept saying "that's my baby" not even in a jokey way, I felt very intimidated (not the way to approach someone you don't know) so I said to her "well I'm sure I gave birth to him" they then started laughing but in a mocking way, so I decided to just ignore them as she continued to make strange comments, she then said "oooh you not talking to me now" and the other said "come on let's go, you can't joke with people like THAT" she then told me "your not allowed in this park anymore" it was at this I had enough and told her to shut up, I don't know who she thinks she Is telling me I'm not allowed in a park with my 18 month old and 3 year old both listening! She then told me to shut up and said I'm rude and I shouldn't be out in public if I don't wanna talk to people!! They then walked off and within a few seconds she appeared again and just stood there staring at me, I called my brother and she went, I just feel like I can't even go out anymore I feel bullied in my own area I have had several problems with neighbours, and been a victim of anti social behaviour before but that stopped over a year ago, and now I feel I have to watch my back again, in all honesty I don't even like going out I do for my children I couldn't keep the cooped up on a hot day like this, (we live in a flat no garden) but I will be thinking twice now, now maybe she was just joking, but I felt pretty intimidated and this is not something I think is suitable to say to a stranger, when I reported the anti social behaviour in the past I got accused of making it all up! And was actually asked if I "just wanted a move" well why wouldn't I wanna move from these people!! Sitting here writing this on a bench cos I don't even wanna go home

I know it's a day late but are you ok? It sounds awful n you don't deserve it. Do you have any family or friends nearby with outdoor space?

Rosa Fri 06-Sep-13 15:30:41

report them. Comments about your children ' thats my baby' etc are sick and it sounds like harassment. Its not even slightly funny.
I hope you are ok -

They are weird and have a problem.

Report them

take care

Celadorthepinksequineddragon Fri 06-Sep-13 16:34:39

Very strange - ignore them and report, they aren't worth it.

Maybe ask MNHQ to move this to chat as you'll get more responses smile.

Mummyoftheyear Sat 14-Sep-13 06:14:45

Poor you. I really hope they don't come back.

Screwfox Sat 14-Sep-13 06:20:36

Report to who?!

AngryBeaver Sat 14-Sep-13 06:47:35

How utterly bizarre!

I can't even imagine how I would respond.

How OLD were they? They sound very juvenille.

In fact they sound very Vicky Pollard.

Or maybe off their heads on something.

Did they have children?

I think I would possibly have smiled sweetly, and removed myself and my children at earliest opportunity.

Then called community police officer (can't remember what the volunteer police are called, but seems like something they could deal with)

Sorry you're experiencing situations like that sad

KateCroydon Sat 14-Sep-13 08:22:00

Weird. Are you keeping a diary of incidents? Am not any kind of expert but have heard it helps with getting people to take you more seriously.

BlueShirtBlueTie Tue 24-Sep-13 23:13:53

How very odd. They sound very immature and a bit deranged.

Unfortunately though there seem to be a lot of adults that still behave like this. Hopefully it was just a one off and it won't happen again.

FixItUpChappie Tue 24-Sep-13 23:38:04

Sorry that happened OP. Their behaviour would make me very nervous and uncomfortable too sad. What utter assholes people can be!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now