Checking whether a friend received my gift - should I ask her?

(6 Posts)
GoodbyePorkPie Wed 22-May-13 16:03:49

Two weeks ago I sent a gift to a friend of mine who has been having a hard time. It was sent through an online shop that I haven't used before. I received a confirmation of my order but I don't think the website sends any delivery notice.

I haven't heard from my friend as to whether she received the gift. Should I email her and ask her if she did? The thing is, she has been through the mill recently and I'm reluctant to make her feel bad for not thanking me instantly - if she has received it.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Wed 22-May-13 16:24:02

Difficult one. I'd usually just suggest a cheery, by the way, did you get something? text but if the person is likely to worry they haven't thanked you, then perhaps not. Could you ask the online shop for delivery confirmation? If it was a parcel, perhaps your friend was out and hasn't collected it yet?

GoodbyePorkPie Wed 22-May-13 16:36:15

I suppose I could ask the online shop for confirmation, but if I do they might assume it hasn't been delivered. Or they might just say it has been dispatched - and I still won't know if my friend received it or not!

My friend has an actual letterbox (not in the UK) so it will have been delivered.

MadamGazelleIsMyMum Wed 22-May-13 16:39:11

It still might be worth contacting them in case they can give you more than "it was despatched on XXX"? If you don't get any joy from them, maybe just send a text or email asking how your friend is, and see whether, in the course of your normal communications, she mentions it? If not, might be a sign it wasn't received, but that way, you aren't trying to elicit a thank you, iyswim?

GoodbyePorkPie Wed 22-May-13 16:42:25

Yes, good idea. I will contact the company first and go from there.

Thanks for the reply, fellow Peppa Pig watcher!

clarasebal Wed 18-Sep-13 19:28:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now