Dress code in 5 star hotels (Germany)

(3 Posts)
olivia41 Sat 11-May-13 15:00:51

Hi, am staying with my husband and DCs (teens) in a couple of 5 star hotels in germany later in the year and just wondered if it's acceptable to basically wear what you like around the hotel (in the gardens/outside area, breakfast, etc....). We have a bed and breakfast rate, so won't be dining there in the evenings, as I realise you would have to dress up for that(!), but can we go down to breakfast as we like/be around the hotel dressed as we like? Sorry, as you can gather, don't often stay in such luxury!!!! Thanks.

Hedgehogger Sat 11-May-13 18:20:00

You're paying to stay there so you can pretty much wear whatever you like. I wouldn't wear beachwear around the hotel, to breakfast etc, but obviously it's fine to wear beachwear around the pool. I always take something to wear between my room and the pool but have stayed in 4 / 5 star hotels where I've been in the lift with chaps in wet swimming trunks, clearly on their way back from a swim!
If there are any areas of the hotel where there is a dress code, it would probably be on their website and/or they should tell you when you check in. If you're not sure, email the hotel in advance and check. Then you won't be worrying about what to pack.
Enjoy your holiday!

olivia41 Sat 11-May-13 22:01:40

Thanks so much for the helpful advice, Hedgehogger - very much appreciated! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now