RSVP

(6 Posts)
fishybits Mon 18-Feb-13 09:00:44

If you had an invitation that said RSVP on it, how long would you leave it before replying yes or no?

Invitations were sent out and I've had quick "sorry we can't make it" replies but still to hear from the majority, 4 days to go and need to start thinking about how much drink/food to buy.

Waferthinmint Mon 18-Feb-13 09:09:51

Rude! Phone them up and giv'm hell!

4days to go! I would have hassled a good week before you. Are you friends usually this rude?

I reply straight away usually.

fishybits Mon 18-Feb-13 09:18:15

Our friends we've had responses from.

We live in a community where if you didn't invite everyone living here some would take offence so it's standard practice just to invite the whole lot.

Perhaps the rest just plain old aren't interested and can't be arsed to reply which I'm fine with as you can't be friends with everyone but it is frustrating.

TeamEdward Mon 18-Feb-13 09:19:56

I suppose it also depends on the event the invitation is for.
Do you have contact numbers for everyone in the community? If so, call them and ask directly.

fishybits Mon 18-Feb-13 09:32:52

It's drinks for my DHs colleagues who are all men, their partners if up here and I just thought it a nice idea to invite the patch just for different faces and people to talk to.

The difference is 20 people so matters a bit when it comes to buying enough drink/food.

BonzaBetty Tue 19-Feb-13 14:46:30

Get enough for the people who RSVP'd then those who didn't but turned up anyway, you can greet at the door with astonishment saying 'oh! I had no idea you were coming, I hope you've brought a bottle and some nibbles'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now