ooh just noticed this topic! have a facebook etiquette q

(13 Posts)
scottishmummy Sun 17-Feb-13 23:35:50

Are yiu scottish?
Pished is great word, so onomatopoeic

germyrabbit Sun 17-Feb-13 23:33:47

thanks, have deleted but think it's too late for them to ignore my idiotness! oh well - will have to face them at some point

smellysocksandchickenpox Sun 17-Feb-13 23:05:57

can delete a message - go up to actions, its in there

can't tell you how you delete requests but people I've ignored, not declined, have removed their friend requests, so I'm pretty sure you can do it. Dunno how as I haven't any pending

germyrabbit Sun 17-Feb-13 22:43:41

i realise i have messaged them too, can't get rid of that arse. i really need to watch my online drunken activities

i will see them at work in a week or so so will be really embarassed = arse

exexpat Sun 17-Feb-13 22:27:23

They may be consciously ignoring you for some reason, but there is also the possibility that it's an inactive Facebook account. Or can you see enough to be sure that she has used it recently?

I sent a friend request ages ago to an aunt, but got no response; it later turned out that she had set up the account, decided she didn't like Facebook, tried to delete the account but got muddled with passwords & email addresses and couldn't access FB to close it... Several other friends don't seem to have used theirs for years or be able to access them either.

germyrabbit Sun 17-Feb-13 22:17:07

how do i cancel the request?

Cancel the request and never send friend requests again. If people want to be your friend let them ask you.

smellysocksandchickenpox Sun 17-Feb-13 22:03:37

I would ignore it, it's a non issue, different people use fb for different things so it isn't a shun

unless you are the type who re friend requests after the friend request being rejected - those people I judge and may avoid grin, but doesn't sound like you do that.. well while sober at least! wink

germyrabbit Sun 17-Feb-13 21:55:46

oh can you! wish i had done that oops

smellysocksandchickenpox Sun 17-Feb-13 21:47:02

you can cancel friend requests I think, for future reference if you are a drunk friend requester grin

germyrabbit Sun 17-Feb-13 21:39:33

yes, i do feel a bit of a prat for asking them in the first place really and was a bit --pished- absent minded when i requested it

smellysocksandchickenpox Sun 17-Feb-13 21:37:57

if you see them so much in real life why do you need to facebook friend them?

I mostly have friends and family that I'm geographically distant to on facebook, I don't bother requesting people who I am easily in touch with in person. And I never add aquaintances. Noone from work etc, and noone from the school gates.

And maybe they don't go on there much to see your request

germyrabbit Sun 17-Feb-13 21:34:55

so i want to 'friend' someone and they ignore me sad when i see them in rl what do i do? mention it or just ignore grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now