DD (Y3) tells me she is invited to a party, but I have no invitation.

(3 Posts)
Parisbanana Thu 24-Jan-13 21:02:30

If I wasn't dropping off in the morning and therefore wouldn't see the parent of birthday child, then yes I think a note would be a good idea. Just outline roughly what you've posted here, say you hope your dd hasn't got the wrong end of the stick, ie has defo been invited. Then say sorry you didn't reply (for reasons stated above). Your dd would love to come if that's still okay and could they text you time and place etc.

reliablemillipede Thu 24-Jan-13 21:00:01

Yes, note to the parent to confirm the times etc. would be the best way to go!

LynetteScavo Thu 24-Jan-13 20:30:08

WWYD?

DD told me last Friday that she had an invitation to a party of a girl in her class. Apparently it is a bowling party this Saturday, but DD forgot to bring home the invitation - I collected her at lunchtime as the school closed early because of the snow.

School was closed on Monday and Tuesday because of the snow. DH collected from school Wednesday. I forgot to remind him about the invitation, DD forgot to bring it home. Today I collected her from after school club, and she tells me the invitation has disappeared from her draw. She refused to go back into school to look for it. (DC have been told they aren't allowed to go back into school to get things after they have been to after school club).

So, I don't have the parents phone number to RSVP, and I don't know what time the party is. DD has mentioned other children who are invited to the party, but I don't have the numbers of those parents either.

The only thing I can think of doing is sending a note in to school tomorrow, addressed to the party child, asking her parents to call me - just in case DD is invited.

DD is 7, and so I don't think she's making the invitation up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now