Visiting a friend with a swimming pool

(13 Posts)
yummymummytobe1 Thu 15-Nov-12 15:44:19

Ooops I didn't see the date (hangs head in shame) I will check the date in future. smile

Sparklingbrook Thu 15-Nov-12 15:34:14

Lot of ghost threads being revamped today. confused

FanjoForTheMammaries Thu 15-Nov-12 15:20:29

This is a thread from August, I think it would be a bit chilly for swimming today wink

yummymummytobe1 Thu 15-Nov-12 15:15:23

Ring ahead and if the pool is going to be used then take the children's swimwear if not then do not mention the pool to the children.

Treblesallround Mon 20-Aug-12 14:27:21

Good plan for the bag under the buggy. Have fun!

mimimomma Mon 20-Aug-12 14:23:15

Thanks for the speedy replies...we're walking, but I think I'll stash a small bag under the buggy (I have a baby too), warn my dd that there is a pool, but we might not be allowed in and see what's happening when we get there.

If it was me who owned a pool, I'd be keen that it was used as much as possible, but wouldn't be keen on doing all the provsion/washing of towels every time someone came over!

That's what I do, just leave kit in the back of the car. We have a couple of friends with pools and I always feel really bad if we bowl in with our swimming costumes.

OddBoots Mon 20-Aug-12 14:03:09

Are you going by car? If so then I'd have swim stuff in the boot so you have more options when you get there but I'd do it without dd seeing then explain to her that the friends have a pool but you don't think you will be able to use it so as to pre-empt the meltdown.

Treblesallround Mon 20-Aug-12 14:02:20

Are you going by car? If so, I'd take kit and leave in the car until you know how it's going. Your dd will immediately ask to swim, so it will be resolved very quickly

SchmancyPants Mon 20-Aug-12 14:01:53

Lucky friend- I would kill for a swimming pool!
Could you take the things and leave them in the car maybe? That way it doesn't look as if you are expecting anything, but you are prepared.

LadyStark Mon 20-Aug-12 14:01:39

Just text and ask if she had intended to let the kids use the pool this afternoon?

OnlyWantsOne Mon 20-Aug-12 14:00:51

Ask your friend??

mimimomma Mon 20-Aug-12 13:59:00

This afternoon we've been invited to a fairly new friends for tea. We both have 3 year olds, and they have a swimming pool in the back garden. It's a sunny, warm day and I'm not sure what the etiquette is on swimming pools. Should I take our things and hope my friend doesn't think I'm being presumptious, or not take our things and risk a melt down from my dd as she sees a pool and isn't allowed in?

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now