Gifts for Godparents?

(7 Posts)
Flyingwithoutwings Sat 30-Jun-12 21:51:27

I've received presents for being godparent too.

Flyingwithoutwings Sat 30-Jun-12 21:50:48

I gave gifts to my DS's godparents. I took DS (8 months old at the time) to a craft shop and had one hand print and one foot print popped onto a nice square plate. Wrote "name + names", "godparents", "love DS, date" in fine paint.
Shop glazed them and the godparents loved them, one was in tears and her DH had put it up by that very evening smile
It was very personal and imo, nicer than anything I could have bought them.

LynetteScavo Tue 26-Jun-12 21:58:17

No, Godparents are the ones who are supposed to give the gifts.

sparkleshine Tue 26-Jun-12 21:55:42

Ok thanks smile
Save myself some money then smile

No, never heard of this. I'm a godparent three times and never got a gift. We've not given any either.

milkysmum Mon 25-Jun-12 10:04:32

Recently had ds christened and did not get the godparents presents. Never heard of this being done as the norm but if you want to then go for it!

sparkleshine Mon 25-Jun-12 09:59:05

Hi

DS getting Christened next month and we have chosen 2 married couples to be his Godparents.

Just wondering if it was a 'normal' thing to give them a small token gift from the child to say 'Thankyou'
Was thinking something personalised, paperweight, candle, photo frame etc.

Never been a Godparent myself and obviously never thought to ask at other Christenings I've attended.

It's just at weddings the couple usually get the bridesmaids/ushers/parents etc presents, so wondered if it is the done thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now