People who start threads asking for specific advice or info and then who never return to the thread

(9 Posts)
Hassled Mon 16-Jan-12 17:30:17

I'm so relieved no-one has said "you sad, sad nutter" grin

All I want is a "cheers for that - was really useful" type post. Even if they have no intention of ever using my advice. In fact them saying "Hassled - that was shit advice. What were you thinking?" would be better than silence.

JustHecate Mon 16-Jan-12 17:26:32

I know what you mean.

There are LOADS of threads where I am just dying to know how it all turned out, but they never come back to it.

I have, erm, blush even PMd people to say hi, just to let you know people are bumping that thread, wondering if you're ok.

When what I really mean is - what happened blush

OnlyANinja Mon 16-Jan-12 17:26:01

I don't mind if people don't take the advice I gave <lies> I just want to know that they saw and and ideally know what they did and what happened next.

CrispLeCrisp Mon 16-Jan-12 17:25:20

'really might think'???? No wonder people ignore it if my English is always that bad hmmgrin

QuintessentiallyShallow Mon 16-Jan-12 17:24:38

OMG! I never knew there was a button "Threads I started".

I post a lot. Sometimes posts disappear out of threads I am on, and I cant find my threads! confused

CrispLeCrisp Mon 16-Jan-12 17:24:14

When are you coming back? wink

I do agree BTW, especially when you post in detail about something which you really might think will help someone and then they stick a virtual 2 fingers up at it. Bad form. <shakes head>

OnlyANinja Mon 16-Jan-12 17:22:59

I want to know that the person has actually seen the advice that I gave.

There's a button up there that says "Threads I Started". Use it.

OnlyANinja Mon 16-Jan-12 17:22:29

I concur.

Hassled Mon 16-Jan-12 17:21:26

- it's polite to say "thank you", you know.

Here's an example. Hacks me right off. Maybe he only has access to the internet once a week - maybe he's forgotten. Both seem unlikely - it's just plain rude.

And this isn't a thread about a thread - that was just a recent example that was on my Threads I'm On. There are loads of them - very specific requests for information which people go out of their way to provide and then - nothing. Silence.

<forgets what her point was>
<goes off to get a life>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now