People who start threads asking for specific advice or info and then who never return to the thread

(9 Posts)
Hassled Mon 16-Jan-12 17:21:26

- it's polite to say "thank you", you know.

Here's an example. Hacks me right off. Maybe he only has access to the internet once a week - maybe he's forgotten. Both seem unlikely - it's just plain rude.

And this isn't a thread about a thread - that was just a recent example that was on my Threads I'm On. There are loads of them - very specific requests for information which people go out of their way to provide and then - nothing. Silence.

<forgets what her point was>
<goes off to get a life>

OnlyANinja Mon 16-Jan-12 17:22:29

I concur.

OnlyANinja Mon 16-Jan-12 17:22:59

I want to know that the person has actually seen the advice that I gave.

There's a button up there that says "Threads I Started". Use it.

CrispLeCrisp Mon 16-Jan-12 17:24:14

When are you coming back? wink

I do agree BTW, especially when you post in detail about something which you really might think will help someone and then they stick a virtual 2 fingers up at it. Bad form. <shakes head>

QuintessentiallyShallow Mon 16-Jan-12 17:24:38

OMG! I never knew there was a button "Threads I started".

I post a lot. Sometimes posts disappear out of threads I am on, and I cant find my threads! confused

CrispLeCrisp Mon 16-Jan-12 17:25:20

'really might think'???? No wonder people ignore it if my English is always that bad hmmgrin

OnlyANinja Mon 16-Jan-12 17:26:01

I don't mind if people don't take the advice I gave <lies> I just want to know that they saw and and ideally know what they did and what happened next.

JustHecate Mon 16-Jan-12 17:26:32

I know what you mean.

There are LOADS of threads where I am just dying to know how it all turned out, but they never come back to it.

I have, erm, blush even PMd people to say hi, just to let you know people are bumping that thread, wondering if you're ok.

When what I really mean is - what happened blush

Hassled Mon 16-Jan-12 17:30:17

I'm so relieved no-one has said "you sad, sad nutter" grin

All I want is a "cheers for that - was really useful" type post. Even if they have no intention of ever using my advice. In fact them saying "Hassled - that was shit advice. What were you thinking?" would be better than silence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now