Typical English gift for an American

(28 Posts)
stabiliser15 Thu 08-Dec-11 15:26:35

Someone I don't know well but who I worked alongside on a specific project very kindly sent me an ice hockey jersey for my husband, knowing he is a massive fan.

I'd like to send a reciprocal gift, and don't know what to get. Previously my boss was sent a similar gift and sent our contact an English Premier League Football Shirt. The individual is very senior and very wealthy, and I am junior and not, and he knows this and the gift was very much sent without obligation.

I don't think the reciprocal gift needs to be the same kind of thing as I was sent, but would like to send something and would like ideas please. My initial thoughts were to send something very "English", but would love anyone else's ideas to consider!

Thanks!

Resistant Mon 17-Jun-13 07:19:15

a rugby jumper

clarasebal Wed 18-Sep-13 19:11:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

leezl Fri 18-Oct-13 18:35:19

What about a UK edition Monopoly set? My mother was in USA years ago and did a Monopoly swap with some people she met there.
I like the tin of tea and biscuits ideas though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now