friend giving baby clothes

(9 Posts)

I happily pass on baby clothes that are in good condition to a friend/neighbour and genuinely don't expect anything in return. It could be nice to eg. send a pic of your LO wearing an outfit with a thankyou text perhaps? Nothing over the top needed though IMO and certainly no need to pay, unless you specifically made that arrangement. As others have said, I'm happy to have a de-clutter now that we have decided no more babies for us.

TBH, I would think someone was a bit weird if they gave me a thank you card for clothes I'd passed along. When you're decluttering, you're very glad to find a home for kids' clothes and generally you give them to someone in person and they (presumably) say thank you, so there's no need for a thank you card as well. Or chocs etc.

She's probably happy to de clutter to someone that will find them useful

clairefromsteps Sat 26-Nov-11 22:41:40

If in doubt, send a thank you card. Nothing fancy, just a few lines saying how helpful the clothes were and how cute DD looked in them.

cat64 Fri 15-Apr-11 01:04:38

Message withdrawn

solar has the idea. We have given loads to a family with a dd just younger than our..a thankyou card was really nice. The feeling that the clothes were going to someone who needed them was why we gave them..not for the gifts!

SolarPanel Fri 15-Apr-11 00:53:03

A nice thank you card would be good - it shows your appreciation but you don't have to spend much.

SarkyLady Wed 06-Apr-11 13:05:05

I have never been given anything in return for my baby clothes and I have never taken offence

I think it is one of those things where we all take our turn with the freebies but then pass things on once we are done.
I'm sure your friend loved what you gave her and is not expecting anything in return.

blackmonday Wed 06-Apr-11 13:01:40

A mum I know has been giving me baby clothes her baby has grown out of for a while. The first time couple of times she gave me a batch I bought her some chocolates and something for her baby. She gave me some more a week ago. Should I get her anything? tbh I'm a bit skint at the moment but what is the done thing when someone gives you stuff? please help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now