Who is with Whiteknights lettings?

(2 Posts)
rachealgeorgia12 Fri 18-Nov-16 15:18:09

Hi,

I'm with Whiteknights letting agents & ive just signed my new renewal of tenancy, I then a few days later had a sign outside my house saying 'let' I checked my emails and had received an email saying that they would be placing one for 14days as this is part of the conditions for tenancy renewal. I told them I wasn't too happy with this & had never heard of them or any other agencies doing this?! She stated it was in the tenants guide (which when I looked through it was not) & said she would get it removed as soon as she could. She also said that MOST agencies do the same, which my last agency didn't! & I know people with various different agencies & they also don't do this, so just seemed a little weird to me & suspicious. I understand it's probably for advertising reasons, but I live down a tiny street of approx 10 houses in a small cul de sac, so seems a bit pointless.

If anyone's with Whiteknights lettings, please could you let me know if you have this every year you sign a new tenancy agreement?

specialsubject Thu 24-Nov-16 19:38:31

Try a different board - ethical living is not red hot on mn.

In short - letting agents are unregulated, but the government can't see this. Agent talking nonsense. Take board down, while you are a tenant what goes on your property is only what is in the tenancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now