Vegan Pregnancy

(2 Posts)
Buzzybee51 Tue 02-Aug-16 13:38:03

Hi all, first time posting here.
I have been following a vegan diet now for around about 6 months, and am currently 13 weeks pregnant.
Along side a diet rich with veg/fruits/nuts/grains/nutritional yeast for B12 I am taking the usual pregnancy vitamins.
My question is, should I be taking any other vitamins? If so exactly which?
I haven't asked the Dr regarding this as I don't think they would be able to advise, I am seeing the midwife again in a few weeks, but again I am not sure if she would know exactly, if any others I should be taking?

Any advice is much appreciated smile

PaperdollCartoon Wed 03-Aug-16 18:51:54

Hi! Congrats on your pregnancy flowers

I'm not pregnant but I've been vegan for the same amount of time, and have done a lot of nutrition reading (always good to have the facts when someone tries to argue with you!). Strongly suggest a vegan omega 3-6, there's a lot of evidence that omegas are really important for babies brain health and development. Flaxseed is good but Echium seed oil is better, I take one called Echiomega, comes in gel capsules. D3 is also a very good one for all us sun deprived Brits, vegan or otherwise. I would also take a b12 supplement, just in case. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now