Another CSP question

(6 Posts)
TaraCarter Wed 01-Jun-16 14:16:21

I have a relatively/very active lifestyle, moderate to heavy flow, and a penchant for light clothing and white trousers. (The white trousers aren't actually optional.) Up until now I've effectively staved off public embarrassment by using sanitary towels as soon as my period is imminent and using a towel+tampon once it has started, but the drawback of that is throwing away lots of disposable pads.

I'd like to start using washable towels as my backup, but I have a few concerns about the ones I've looked at so far. I think I definitely need ones with poppered wings, to stop it being dislodged, but the wings all seem to be made of the same material as the pads. I'm concerned the blood could potentially diffuse from the centre of the pad to the wings underneath, and from there it's a short path for the fluid to seep through the fabric of my white trousers, which they will be facing.

Are there any on the market which have wings made from a different, fluid resistant material, on the trouser-facing side at least?

Please don't tell me to get a moon-cup! I have an IUD, and I don't want to take any risk of dislodging it.

Greenyogagirl Fri 03-Jun-16 17:28:36

I'm not sure as I make my own but using waterproof fabric for the wings would be pretty simple to do. You could message a few and ask specifically to make yours like that. There are a few on fb x

WiMoChi Sun 10-Jul-16 20:57:17

I used Baba Be Boho ones. They were fine. No leakages. But felt they were more comfortable and aboard ant after a fair few washes TBH.

There's several groups on FB buying selling and trading CSPs. Not sure d you've seen them. But they also give cracking advice.

dudsville Sun 10-Jul-16 21:01:51

I used them, ones like you described. I use pads without tampons. The blood doesn't spread. I never wear white but I've also never messed my clothing with these.

dudsville Sun 10-Jul-16 21:04:13

I should add that I've stopped using them. I loved them, comfortable, absorbant, quiet etc., but i wanted to do a pad wash daily and this seemed like a lot of washing machine use for 2 or 3 pads.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 10-Jul-16 21:13:15

I use cloth and I've never bled off the sides. They are extremely absorbent! However you can get hybrid pads like this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now