Mooncup insertion advice needed?

(6 Posts)

I've searched old threads, lots about getting it out, not so much on getting it in… so um. er. Well. It's my first month… and i can really feel it... Is it too low down? too far up? I trimmed the stem to just the one ring, I'm directing towards my tailbone as per instructions but it just doesn't seem right. Any advice?

Is it opening up fully once it is in? I fold mine, put it in then run a finger round the outside to make sure it is open. After that, provided it isn't sticking out to the point that it'd be visible, I don't feel it at all. Worth persevering with, although it can take a couple of periods before you feel really comfortable with it. Keep going!

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl!

Where can you feel it?
I am unaware that mine has ever gone too high, but I can tell if its too low - it catches at the bottom.
I, hmm, need a 2 handed technique. For me:
Sit on loo, fold cup so the it looks like a C at the top, and hold near the top. Guide in, and then hold near the bottom, release top hand, and insert further before twisting slightly and leaving.
Been a revelation to me - and there are other brands, if you wish to try a different shape.

BadgerBumBag Sat 28-Dec-13 19:58:20

I am having trouble with it catching at the bottom, need it to go higher. I really love it though and will persevere

HerrenaHarridan Sat 28-Dec-13 20:05:35

I cut the whole stem off so its the actual cup I have to pinch.

I think the shape of me inside makes it sit quite low, the first couple of periods I was quite aware of it. When I've put it in I often push it up as high as it will go and run a finger round the outside to make sure my cervix is on the inside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now