Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Mooncup looks rather worse for wear

(9 Posts)
Indith Wed 19-Jun-13 15:17:18

I just discovered it in the bottom of a half forgotten basket in the bathroom. Think I need a new one! Periods just started again after dc3 so it has been a loooooooong time since it as last used (the baby is 15 months!)

What websites are good? Have googled and I just don't recognise any of the names. Was thinking of trying a different brand of cup maybe, I think one of the others is supposed to be a little softer than the mooncup? Wanted to get a few cloth pads for backup too and maybe nights. I used always this period and my fanjo feels to horrible and sensitive and sore after sitting next to horrid sucking, drying paper stuff for several day.

Indith Wed 19-Jun-13 16:55:45

Mooncup bump

Indith Wed 19-Jun-13 17:40:37

Oh dear, just did a search to find info and came across my own post on another cloth san pro thread when ds2 was 11 months old and I found my mooncup worse for wear...clearly I just shoved it back in the basket as something to deal with later!

OrangeLily Wed 19-Jun-13 17:41:47

Have you tried boiling it?

tutu100 Wed 19-Jun-13 17:43:09

That just made me chuckle as it sounds like something I'd do! Can't help with the moon cup as can't use those, but I made my own cloth pads as I am too much of a cheapskate to buy them (although I bought some imse vimse ones off ebay which are nice). Lucky you not having periods for so long. Mine came back 4 months after I had both my boys despite me breastfeeding on demand and them never going more than 3 hours between feeds.

Indith Wed 19-Jun-13 17:43:28

It looks like it has actually started cracking in places, don't think boiling is the answer!

Indith Wed 19-Jun-13 17:50:38

case of 3rd time lucky tutu, they came back much earlier with the others. Still miffed though as he spends all flipping night latched on!

tutu100 Fri 21-Jun-13 16:30:44

It sounds like you definately need a new one then!

rubyflipper Fri 21-Jun-13 16:32:05

Try the Meluna Soft cup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now