ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Any vegan / veggie parents or mums to be here?

(29 Posts)
LexiLexi Fri 11-Jan-13 13:52:21

Hi

We are expecting our first baby in June and are both vegan. It would be great to hear from any other vegan / veggie parents out there, both for support and general chit chat.

Dorisday13 Wed 10-Apr-13 21:14:43

Vegusto was pretty good, bit like goats cheese with no goat involvement awesome :-) <hurries out to buy chocolate ice cream> you guys are fab! That's for the tips!! X

LentilAsAnything Thu 11-Apr-13 17:45:08

Yippee! I am so glad you liked it!

chocoholic73 Fri 10-May-13 13:43:26

Congrats on your pregnancy Lexilexi ! My little boy (approaching two years) and I are both vegan. I had a fabulous vegan pregnancy and delivered a very healthy little bundle.

Vegan weaning was really easy and he simply loves food...none of this silly 'crap' about 'having to hide veg in his meals' smile because he has fruit and veg as a normal part of his diet every day. I have found it really straightforward and have been confident in my decision from the being. Should there ever be a second child, I will happily have a vegan pregnancy again.

LexiLexi Thu 23-May-13 16:07:43

Sorry this dropped off my threads I'm on so only just noticed your reply, chocoholic.

Great that your DS is doing so well. I'm planning to breastfeed and given that I'm a carrot cruncher and a fan of fruit, hopefully baby will be used to the flavours and weaning will be relatively straight forward. I'm 37+2 so weaning seems a long way off.

How is everyone else doing? Doris, have you started BLW yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now