Eco tots/nature babies business query

(3 Posts)
AuntyWytch Wed 21-Nov-12 17:43:09

Hello, I am currently working on a new business venture and was wondering how many of you out there would be interested in a website with both information and baby/childrens' products the environmentally aware, nature lovers & pagans/those following a nature based spiritual path?

With (for example) news of country wide events, fair trade, organic & magical toys and books for all ages... Items and tips for encouraging nature play... Eco baby products... etc... Any parents or parents to be who could spare a moment to drop me a line I with you thoughts and ideas I would be ever so grateful.

Bright blessings on you and all your little ones xx

AuntyWytch Fri 23-Nov-12 13:13:51

Here are a few brief notes I made on some as my ideas... any comments and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Pagan/Nature Babies

Eco, Ethical & Natural baby & children’s items with a touch of magick…

Toys
· Sustainable
· Ethical
· Fair trade
· Educational
· All ages from birth up

Nature related play
· Wormerys
· Bug boxes
· Butterfly Gardens
· Science & Play – Ecosystem - Science In The Greenhouse - Solar Robots - etc...
Books
· Nature/outdoor activities for children
· or magickal, environmental & nature tales for children of all ages (babies up)
· Nature/environmental science books for children of all ages
· Eco & 'pagan' guides to parenting
Babies
· Eco nappies,
- Cloth/reusable/washable
- biodegradable
· Biodegradable wipes
· Eco/fair-trade change mat
· Organic/Fair-trade bedding
- Also eco baby/cot matteresses
· Clothes
- Organic/Fair-trade
- ‘Pagan’ designs
- Tiny ‘eco-warrior’ designs
· Baby skin care?
· Bottles & beakers (Eco)?
· Breast pumps, pads etc (Eco)?

Something a little magical
· Baby blessing boxes
· Fertility spells/charms
· Protection spells/charms
· Pagan baby books
Website
· Blog & possible Forum
- Shop news,
- Wheel of the year (seasonal celebrations),
- Green/eco tips,
- Pagan & green parenting
- Spell craft…
- Event news Eco/pagan/nature celebration events happening around the country (mention events store will have stalls at)
- Web design - Ben? (boyfriend who used to work as web designer)

Community activity
· Eco education…
- Workshops etc…
Have degree in conservation & Zoology & experience teaching 5 – 19 year-olds' about conservation/nature (STEMnet)… Bee Work (FOE educator & Truro city bees)… potential workshops at local community field…

I would be interested in the ecological side and events in my area (especially free ones!) I would be less interested in the pagan things but don't mind a bit of magic. Wouldn't be interested in baby wish boxes etc.

I would be interested in the toys and books if they were good and not too expensive. Unfortunately Eco things have a tendency to be more expensive and on a limited budget it's hard not to go for the garish plastic shit instead smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now