Energy efficient Kettles?

(10 Posts)
bruffin Fri 07-Sep-12 22:37:07

The Bosch does beep

Twonker Fri 07-Sep-12 22:34:14

Off to google

bruffin Fri 07-Sep-12 22:32:42

I like my Bosch styline. You can set the temperature so of you don't want boiling water you don't waste energy heating to boiling point.

Twonker Fri 07-Sep-12 22:25:55

Bump my 20 year old kettle is on its way out..... Any suggestions?

newfashionedmum Fri 30-Dec-11 13:34:52

I'm after a temperature controlled kettle that doesn't beep when it boils, or with the option to turn the beep off - any suggestions? I like the look of the Cuisinart http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cuisinart-CPK17U-Kettle-Brushed-Stainless/dp/tech-data/B003UFQTYI/ref=de_a_smtd but i think the beeping is compulsory (i suppose bcs if kettle doesn't boil its harder to tell when it's 'done')

Mammonite Fri 23-Sep-11 05:50:57

Or is that the one you already had? grin <tea addict>

Mammonite Fri 23-Sep-11 05:49:03

A bit late here, but the Philips Eco Kettle seems pretty good, we've had ours for year (the steel effect one).

No frills, just a window that lets you actually SEE the one cup level. 1.5 of its "cups" is fine for a mug of tea.

It's actually a plastic kettle with stainless layer for effect on the outside, so probably less likely to leak around the water gauge which is what normally happens to our kettles.

covkimbo Sun 26-Jun-11 18:52:20

Message deleted

Earthymama Sat 25-Jun-11 15:15:21

bump

Earthymama Fri 24-Jun-11 09:23:59

Can anyone recommend a eco friendly kettle that might last longer than a year? I have had 2 EcoKettles; I love them and the ethos BUT they don't last if you use them lots, (Yorkshire Tea Addicts here!)
Anyone tried any others that use less electricityand can boil 1 or 2 cups of water?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now