Hand holding please - About to throw my whole life overboard.

(255 Posts)
MissGarth Tue 24-Sep-13 13:23:27

Tonight me and DH are leaving an organisation that is basically our whole life- all our friends are there, we spend all our free time there, we use our gifts in a voluntary capacity there and the long term plan was that the organisation would be our employer, in a field we have wanted to work in all our lives.

And now we are leaving.

Can't say more about the organisation until we have told them.

I feel so sick and so frightened.

We have no doubt we will be cut off from all our friends and never hear from anyone again. It is going to be very lonely. There are lots of people there we genuinely love.

I'm also frightened about what they will say about us when we leave. We know of other people who have left and they all seem to have left after extremely poor/ shockingly bad behaviour...which we now realise, of course, is crap.

Thank God for DH.

tribpot Mon 07-Oct-13 22:17:25

It sounds like you're detoxing quite well, OP! You're quite right to delete the texts and emails, they obviously have quite a routine worked out for trying to guilt-bomb people who leave. You need to be resolute - right now you're distracted by the high drama caused by the guilt-bombing but you will be more susceptible in the weeks to come when the reality sets in that a major part of your life has gone for good.

Stay busy - crochet will be a great help and we have many Huggers in London - and you may perhaps see this as a test of your faith. You could have chosen the 'safe' option of having a church family and the appearance of a devout community but instead you have rejected hypocrisy to take a harder path.

Patilla Tue 08-Oct-13 06:36:23

I just wanted to de-lurk to say that you have really come across as acting with integrity and care, OP.

I hope that you manage to find a new place of fellowship that you can belong in.

Ruprekt Thu 10-Oct-13 22:36:29

How are things?smilesmile

bellasuewow Tue 05-Nov-13 20:59:19

Brave vibes coming your way miss Garth you sound like a very good person good luck with your new life

enriquetheringbearinglizard Fri 15-Nov-13 20:12:23

Read the whole thread and just wondering how you're getting on MissGarth.
I can't believe the pressures this group put upon you and hope you're coping ok.

I can't get out of my mind that other people have left, so that should indicate something to you and that they are the kind of people who preach to others but would happily take back charitable donations and deny support if they're not getting their own way.
That speaks volumes to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now