Kindles at swimming lessons

(7 Posts)
halfdrunktea Sat 10-May-14 10:23:40

I recently took DS to his swimming lesson and was reading my Kindle on the side of the pool (I do watch him as well but as there are about 10 children in the lesson they spend quite a bit of time just holding on to the side). I was told that I couldn't use it, even though you can't take photos on it. There is a sign up saying no phones are allowed, but no other gadgets are mentioned.

So I am just wondering if this is the norm everywhere - are Kindles always banned where phones are too?

DotToDott Sat 10-May-14 10:27:32

I don't see why you wouldn't be allowed one- especially as it doesn't have a camera? maybe they mistook it for a tablet?

phones are not even banned at the pool where my son does his lessons.

halfdrunktea Sat 10-May-14 13:18:44

I said that it was a Kindle and couldn't take photos but was told that no gadgets of any kind were allowed. This was one of the teenage helpers but I assume the manager would say the same.

BikeRunSki Sat 10-May-14 13:20:46

Sounds like a blanket ban on gadgets. Although I MN on my smartphone while sitting at DS's swimming lessons.

Doshusallie Sat 10-May-14 13:25:21

That seems ridiculous. I always read my kindle at ds's swimming lesson. I would be indignant if told I could not. It's a book!!!

OwlCapone Sat 10-May-14 13:27:26

Perhaps they find it easier to ban all gadgets rather than having to wast time identifying whether any particular one is capable of taking a photo.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 13-May-14 22:57:33

Could you phone and check before the next lesson? The teenager might have been misinformed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now