I want some books for my kindle but I can't remember what they are called

(10 Posts)
dirtymonkey Fri 21-Mar-14 11:31:54

I have just got a Kindle and was thinking of books I'd like to re read but I can't remember what they are called!

I remember one being about a Police Detective whose wife disappears on his 30th Birthday without taking anything with her.

Also there was a man who returned to his childhood home after years to find the man suspected of killing his brother lived behind him and used to regularly taunt him about where his brothers body was hidden.

PortofinoRevisited Fri 21-Mar-14 11:33:20

Is that Mo Hayder? The 2nd one?

PortofinoRevisited Fri 21-Mar-14 11:34:42
dirtymonkey Fri 21-Mar-14 11:45:00

Yes I think it is, thank you I tried Amazon but got distracted by all the books I wanted!
I'm still not too keen on the Kindle - I've only had it a week but at least this year my hand luggage won't be full of books.

Polkadotpatty Fri 21-Mar-14 11:47:48

The first one might be the Peter James series, about detective Roy Grace. They're really good, even if it wasn't what you were thinking of!

Goblinchild Fri 21-Mar-14 12:00:49

It will grow on you. smile
I still love all my real books, but the convenience of a library in your handbag, and the ease of reading in bed at night are winners IMO.

PortofinoRevisited Fri 21-Mar-14 12:54:55

The first one made me think of Mark Billingham

dirtymonkey Sun 23-Mar-14 09:48:32

Maybe because it's an old Kindle (BIL upgraded and gave me his old one), I find it weird to use the pop up light thing to read with.
I am hoping to get used to it as he raves about and has done for ages.

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Wed 26-Mar-14 12:57:13

Agree with Polkadotpatty that the first one is probably Peter James's dead series, and that they are really good.

gemdrop84 Wed 09-Apr-14 19:12:09

The second one sounds like Mo Hayder books, The Jack Caffrey series, Birdman, The Treatment etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now