Kindle Paperwhite Cases / Covers - Recommendations please!

(16 Posts)
VworpVworp Sun 12-Jan-14 20:42:01

I have just been lucky enough to get a paperwhite, but am scared to take it anywhere without a case (or leave it around the house with my two loopy small children around!).

What cases/covers are the best please? I like the look of the ones with a sort of elastic strap to go over your hand as I have small hands, and think I'll feel more secure reading in bed etc with that. Are they any good, or a gimmick?

The official Amazon cases are currently £31, and seem overpriced to me, but I need something that willl be robust.

TIA! thanks

NannyR Sun 12-Jan-14 21:38:13

I splashed out on one of the amazon cases and I think it was well worth the money. It fits perfectly as if it's part of the kindle itself. My kindle is in and out of my bag all day and still looks like new, as does the case.

My dad has one from tesco for his paper white, and whilst it does it's job and protects it, it doesn't look great.

I've got quite small hands and can easily read one handed with the amazon case.

VworpVworp Sun 12-Jan-14 21:50:36

Thank you Nanny- there are some really not v good reviews of the amazon one, saying they come on in your bag etc.

I am thinking of making one now, tbh. There are lots of lovely hand-crafted ones around.

mycupoffucksrunnethempty Sun 12-Jan-14 21:55:51

i had one for christmas and bought a case for it from tesco, was only a fiver and really nice indeed

nice and padded and holds the kindle in with elasticated corners so its easy to remove. it also folds back on itself easily and comfortably so its nice to hold in bed for example.

ill see if its online, hang on

mycupoffucksrunnethempty Sun 12-Jan-14 21:59:01
NannyR Sun 12-Jan-14 22:10:16

I'm surprised about the bad reviews - I've tried to take mine off and it's very difficult to remove, can't see how it it could fall off unless it was faulty.

VworpVworp Sun 12-Jan-14 22:15:21

Ah- mycup- that is right up my street!

Maybe I'll have to try and find a tesco...

nanny- not falling off, coming open, and thus switching on.

WhoGivesAMonkey Mon 13-Jan-14 12:03:55

DH and I have M-Edge covers - they are very well made and last well. DH has had his for 2-3 years and it looks little different from mine which arrived in the post just now! They are about £20 in Smiths, but I got mine on Ebay for £5.

The amazon one is lovely and fits perfectly. It feels like part of it. Money well spent.

GinOnTwoWheels Mon 13-Jan-14 14:07:24

I have this one in dark brown.

I think its very similar to the official case, but just over a third the price! Fits perfectly and looks very nice.

catclarks Mon 13-Jan-14 14:17:40

I have a cover from Lente after they were recommended here. Much cheaper than the official and lovely designs.

Chopsypie Mon 13-Jan-14 14:24:48

I got a klevercase. I think the website is klevercase.co.uk.

It wasn't particularly cheap (£20ish) but it's gorgeous and quite unusual.

I got one of these ones and it is good. I had the same make cover for my kindle keyboard so knew they were well made:

www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Paperwhite-Leather-Protectors-Magnetic/dp/B005SR72G0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1389623412&sr=8-4&keywords=tecknet+paperwhite+case

TheFoosa Thu 16-Jan-14 09:27:57

I have the 'official' paperwhite case from Amazon, it's great. Very slim, never had a problem with the magnetic clasp.

TheFoosa Thu 16-Jan-14 09:30:58

although those klevercase's are lovely!

fivepies Thu 16-Jan-14 09:35:16

I had a Tesco case which was poor quality and fell apart after a few months. I replaced it with the Amazon one and have been really happy with it. It's been used a lot and travelled far with me and still looks like new. I also like that when you open the case the Kindle turns on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now