Recommend me some free or cheap books to read

(9 Posts)
whostolethesocks Fri 10-Jan-14 20:13:57

Just got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and holiday booked in April. Want to download some good (not too heavy) books to read, ideally free or cheap. Any recommendations please?

antimatter Fri 10-Jan-14 21:23:07

Have look at another forum for some recommendations:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/adult_fiction

antimatter Fri 10-Jan-14 22:11:42
GinOnTwoWheels Fri 17-Jan-14 13:32:34

To get cheap, rather than free books, sign up to the Kindle Daily Deal on Amazon to see a selection of books every day, usually for 99p each.

There is also a monthly selection, they say for less than £2.99 each, but many are still 99p.

Amazon also do other offers, so keep an eye on the website. If you have a particular book in mind, add it to www.ereaderiq.co.uk and they will check the price on the amazon wesbite everyday and email you if the price drops to your specified level. I've bought far too many a few books this way, and they have often being new or recent books, by high profile authors, that normally sell for much more (eg. The Luminaries, new Bill Bryson, latest Bridget Jones).

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 21-Jan-14 21:22:37

I've just downloaded 12 years a slave for 49psmile

whostolethesocks Thu 23-Jan-14 18:17:05

Thanks for the advice. I've downloaded a few free ones and see the 12 Years a Slave for 49p. Might do that next.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 23-Jan-14 21:16:06

What are the free ones you've downloaded? Are they any good?

Got the Bridget Jones one when that was £1.99 and am reading that one now smile

whostolethesocks Sun 26-Jan-14 18:18:32

I haven't started any yet. Hoping to do some readying on holiday.

Familyonthemove Tue 28-Jan-14 14:45:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now