Dilemma - keep it or gift it?!

(4 Posts)
julesjam Wed 23-Oct-13 19:02:06

well, I posted my dilemma in chat as well and that lot convinced me to keep it! I figure I can try it for a few weeks and if I decide I can't get on with it I'll wipe it and gift it to MIL wrapped in a fancy new kindle cover. cheeky, moi? grin

so far, so good though - I really like the grey screen, and it's so light and dinky.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 21-Oct-13 22:03:13

Who did you decide?

Heymacarena Mon 14-Oct-13 22:43:40

I would gift it to MIL.

You already have an electronic reading device - and admit to liking proper books !

You will be in her good 'books' for sure grin

julesjam Mon 14-Oct-13 21:07:50

Right. Sitting in front of me is a boxed, unopened, new kindle (the basic one). I blame Amazon - they sent me a £20 off voucher, so I got it for £49.

I already have a Nexus 7, which I love and I sometimes use for reading via the kindle app (am working my way through the new Barbara Kingsolver and have a few samples downloaded).

Do I also need a Kindle? will it give me a better reading experience than the nexus + app? I am also in denial about the benefits of e-readers, being a bit of a book traditionalist, so part of me wants to reject the thing On Principal.

OR do I give it to my MIL for her birthday in a couple of months?! I think she'd probably quite like one and would get good use of it as she goes away a lot for weekends and holidays (although she's really not that great with technology...wink )

SO - do I break open this bad boy and get reading, or hide it away for MIL??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now