Keyboard kindle had died <<sob>>

(4 Posts)
amicissimma Wed 09-Oct-13 15:12:30

Have you seen this thread?

simpson Tue 08-Oct-13 19:59:34

I have been using the kindle app this eve as I was half way through a book but its horrid as the iPad is so heavy sad

The paper white one does look good its just £££ as I want 3G.

Is it the same size as the keyboard one? Just wondering if I have to get a new cover.

LittleMissWise Tue 08-Oct-13 19:18:20

I've got the Kindle Paperwhite. The screen does light up, but you can control the brightness so I have it really, really low. It is a lot different to reading on the Kindle App on the iPad.

I have the Kindle Keyboard too, with a lighted case. At first it was strange having the light in the screen but I prefer it now.

simpson Tue 08-Oct-13 19:13:41

It was fine last night, and when I looked at it this morning the screen has gone all funny with thick black lines in it. I have re-booted it several times but no change sad

It is actually 4.6 yrs old so I guess it has done quite well really.

So I guess I am going to bite the bullet and purchase another one sad

I spoke to customer services and the best they have offered is a refurbished one for £45 (the cheapest version).

So which one do I go for? I don't want one where the screen lights up too much (fire?) as it hurts my eyes (have kindle app on iPad).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now