Whats the difference between a Kinle Fire and an I-pad (except the price)?

(5 Posts)
topsi Sat 21-Sep-13 16:14:07

I would like a kindle for myself and maybe one for DS to encourage him to read.
With the fire you can surf and play games etc? Would he actually read on it or just play games.
Not going to stretch to an I-pad but what is the difference.
Is the paper white best for just reading books on?
All very confusing!
Any help or advice would be great x

Flibbedyjibbet Mon 30-Sep-13 23:19:10

I have both kindle and I pad. I have Kindle in the nursery for frequent feeds. If you're wanting it more for the Internet than reading books then kindle isn't the best option.

I find the Kindle a little frustrating to surf on (even mn). Don't know about game playing as I just occasionally play word games or sudoku on it, his needs and expectations would be higher than mine. Maybe you could research other tablets that are cheaper than I pads (can't help there I'm afraid as am useless with gadgets I have never mind those I don't) You can put a kindle app on most things and they work brilliantly.

QueenAnneofAustria Wed 09-Apr-14 21:53:28

As a tablet the Kindle is rubbish. As an ereader I love it.

We have an iPad and it is far easier to use and you can as mentioned get the kindle app.

WaveorCheer Wed 09-Apr-14 21:55:47

QueenAnne, why did you suddenly decide to answer a random eight month old thread?

QueenAnneofAustria Wed 09-Apr-14 22:01:31

Good question. I have had major MN procrastination today and have replied to lots if unnecessary threads. The Kindle being touted as a tablet also irritates me so it was a knee jerk reaction to give me opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now