Nook Simple Touch or Kobo Mini?

(8 Posts)
nappyaddict Sat 14-Sep-13 22:19:46

It's DP's birthday in a couple of weeks and I am looking at getting him one of these for his train commute to work.

The Kobo Mini is only 6" and the Nook Simple Touch is 7" I think?

Here is my library page about borrowing Ebooks. I am unsure if he will be able to borrow Ebooks on either device?

nappyaddict Sat 14-Sep-13 22:47:43

Sorry 5" and 6".

SoupDragon Tue 17-Sep-13 12:57:39

Following the lins on your ;ibrary page takes you to a list of compatibles

This list doesn't specifically mention the two types of Kobo or Nook but does mention several others.

nappyaddict Sun 22-Sep-13 18:56:47

Ah thankyou. It does mention Kobo Touch so will go with that one I think.

BigBirthdayGloom Sun 22-Sep-13 19:27:59

I've just bought a kobo touch and I love it. They're on offer in wh smith for £49 instead of £79 unless the offer has just ended.

BigBirthdayGloom Sun 22-Sep-13 19:28:11

I've just bought a kobo touch and I love it. They're on offer in wh smith for £49 instead of £79 unless the offer has just ended.

nappyaddict Wed 25-Sep-13 11:29:32

Went for the Nook Touch. £29.99 in Sainsbury's. Has been showing out of stock on the website since May but on the off chance I emailed customer services asking if any of my local stores had any left and my nearest one did plus a few others. For some reason they aren't on display, not even a label saying they sell them. You have to ask for them so unless you knew to ask you wouldn't know they sold them so I reckon quite a few stores might have them.

orangepudding Wed 25-Sep-13 11:34:14

My DH bought me a Nook simple touch at the weekend from JL. It's light and easy to read, I think you can borrow books but I haven't worked out how as I had lots of Kindle books already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now