Managing another kindle from my account?

(4 Posts)
archfiend Sat 07-Sep-13 21:04:41

I am considering buying a kindle for my 8 year old
dd for Christmas - just the normal 6" one, not a fire. If I register it to my account can I move selected books to her kindle without moving my whole library, and if I download stuff to mine can I stop it appearing on hers. Not sure how this works?

Also, recommendations for a good hard wearing cover? Judging by the number of times I drop mine onto the floor when I am falling asleep (and based on the fact that dd is in a cabin bed therefore further to fall!) I would like to find something quite robust!

Thanks!

chicaguapa Sat 07-Sep-13 21:08:12

Yes, you can do this. You just use your Amazon account details to login to the new Kindle and choose which Kindle to send books to via the website.

Not sure about covers. We have the official Kindle ones.

minsmum Sat 07-Sep-13 21:12:45

When you buy books on Amazon it will ask what Kindle you want to download it too if you always use yours it will automatically default to that one. Then you can go to manage your kindle and decide which books to download to her Kindle.
If you turn off her WiFi on the kindle nothing can download accidentally.

archfiend Sat 07-Sep-13 21:15:15

That's great, thanks both - I thought that was what should happen but it's good to have it confirmed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now