Have lost my kindle but am being given a new one - what do I need to do to keep the books on it.

(5 Posts)
MirandaWest Fri 30-Aug-13 09:28:34

Have lost my kindle blush but am being given a new one for my birthday smile

Do I need to deregister the lost one or can I just add the new one once I get it? I use the kindle all on my ipad and phone so presume I can just register the new one and the books got from amazon will be there but wasn't sure if there was something else I needed to do.

sooperdooper Fri 30-Aug-13 09:32:22

This happened to me and I managed to get all my books on my new kindle, it was a while ago but I don't remember it being difficult, have a look on the kindle support page on Amazon and it talks you through it

PhantomMenace Fri 30-Aug-13 09:37:29

You can register a new kindle to the same account, just make your new one your default. All the books you bought you can download onto the new one, They all live in your "cloud". Just pick the ones you want on your new kindle.

Hulababy Fri 30-Aug-13 09:47:46

I did this when I left my kindle on the plane. I clicked something on the manage my kindle but of amazon to disable/dereg by old kindle. I then reg my new kindle. You can access the old books on amazon by sending things individually or on the new kindle via archived books.

We have mine and dd's books in one account. Her access to archived is restricted. I just send certain titles to hers and certain ones to mine.

MirandaWest Fri 30-Aug-13 10:06:44

Thank you everyone smile

I am enjoying looking at new cases at the moment - when I got a kindle it was just a choice between wifi and 3G (the old one had a keyboard) but now there are loads. Am getting the basic one (think that's what it's called. Not touch, not paperwhite and not fire).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now