My kindle has died :(

(10 Posts)

mirai I just phoned back and complained again!

BobbyGentry Mon 09-Sep-13 14:18:14

Not sure if you have a smart device, like an iPad with the kindle app, but they work just the same.

mirai Mon 09-Sep-13 02:58:28

Antoinette can I ask how you managed that?

My kindle keyboard has all of a sudden started restarting itself again and again and again. The best they offered me was a refurbished kindle for 47 quid; a new one is only 69!!

I just phoned them for a second time to complain (I'm a bitch) and they are sending me a Kindle Touch for free! Yeeeeeey!!

Umlauf Thu 29-Aug-13 15:47:40

Can you check you have the latest updates installed? My 3yr old keyboard one died last week, and I rang up and they said I hadn't got the updates, and when they were installed t came back to life! Worth a try..

Rebooting didn't work and Amazon have said they won't replace it, though they have offered me a discount off a new one. I'm pretty irritated though. 18 months is a crap lifespan. It was kept in a case, loved and adored. Never dropped, got wet etc. It should have survived longer than that.

Purple2012 Thu 29-Aug-13 15:43:29

Have you tried re booting? I thought my kindle had broke. I held the on button for over 20 seconds and it re bootes.

If that doesn't work I agree contact kindle amazon support.

BrianButterfield Thu 29-Aug-13 15:41:24

Yes, you get in touch with a lovely friendly call centre who are very helpful!

MarianForrester Thu 29-Aug-13 15:40:25

If you to it from amazon, getting touch with them; in my (quite extensiveblush) experience they are really great at replacing them

It's only 18 months old. It was a keyboard one. I am sad. I'm also pissed off because I'd preordered Maddaddam and now I can't read it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now