My kindle has died :(

(10 Posts)

It's only 18 months old. It was a keyboard one. I am sad. I'm also pissed off because I'd preordered Maddaddam and now I can't read it.

MarianForrester Thu 29-Aug-13 15:40:25

If you to it from amazon, getting touch with them; in my (quite extensiveblush) experience they are really great at replacing them

BrianButterfield Thu 29-Aug-13 15:41:24

Yes, you get in touch with a lovely friendly call centre who are very helpful!

Purple2012 Thu 29-Aug-13 15:43:29

Have you tried re booting? I thought my kindle had broke. I held the on button for over 20 seconds and it re bootes.

If that doesn't work I agree contact kindle amazon support.

Rebooting didn't work and Amazon have said they won't replace it, though they have offered me a discount off a new one. I'm pretty irritated though. 18 months is a crap lifespan. It was kept in a case, loved and adored. Never dropped, got wet etc. It should have survived longer than that.

Umlauf Thu 29-Aug-13 15:47:40

Can you check you have the latest updates installed? My 3yr old keyboard one died last week, and I rang up and they said I hadn't got the updates, and when they were installed t came back to life! Worth a try..

I just phoned them for a second time to complain (I'm a bitch) and they are sending me a Kindle Touch for free! Yeeeeeey!!

mirai Mon 09-Sep-13 02:58:28

Antoinette can I ask how you managed that?

My kindle keyboard has all of a sudden started restarting itself again and again and again. The best they offered me was a refurbished kindle for 47 quid; a new one is only 69!!

BobbyGentry Mon 09-Sep-13 14:18:14

Not sure if you have a smart device, like an iPad with the kindle app, but they work just the same.

mirai I just phoned back and complained again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now