sat on kindle <eyes to ceiling>

(10 Posts)
TerribleTantrums Fri 12-Jul-13 12:37:22

In the meantime if you have a smartphone/iPad you can download the Kindle app (or download the Kindle reader for windows). At least you would be able to finish your book.

LeBFG Fri 12-Jul-13 12:30:18

wow - thanks guys. Will definately phone them up now. Can't wait to finish the book I was in the middle of!

isisisis Fri 12-Jul-13 09:09:11

I trod on mine recently, emailed amazon to ask if it was possible to repair, and they offered me a good discount on a new one. mine is the very first version so at least 4years+ out of warranty & I was honest about treading on it.

PestoSwimissimos Fri 12-Jul-13 09:07:06

Ring Amazon. Our Macmillan nurse did this on holiday and when he got back he rung them & explained and they sent him a replacement.

It's in their interest to keep you 'kindle-d up' coz it means you'll keep buying kindle books from them.

Good luck!

valiumredhead Fri 12-Jul-13 09:04:08

Ring them up and ask if there's any easy to repair it and they should offer you a discount on a new one.

I don't know. But the warranty doesn't cover people sitting on them. I suspect we got a good deal on a new kindle because a) I phoned up the helpline and was polite and honest. b) we buy a lot of books - Me, MrNQC, and both DSes are all on the same amazon account, and we probably buy a couple of books per week. At least.

LeBFG Wed 10-Jul-13 20:38:19

grin I'm not alooonnne...<feel such a fool>.

NotQuiteCockney - were the kindles within their warranty?

I've looked for new screens and they are in the region of 60 quid hmm hmm. I'm thinking I shall just have to swallow the bitter pill and buy a new one. I'll email amazon first though in case I can get anything off.

I've had them sell me a new kindle for 25% off or something in the past.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 10-Jul-13 18:58:11

I sat on mine last year. Gutting isn't it? Have you had a look on ebay?

LeBFG Wed 10-Jul-13 13:30:21

Ok, ok. I sat on my kindle. Damn it. It looks to me like the screen has broken. It's 2 years old now and so I'm wondering what to do. Is it best to buy a replacement screen or a new kindle??? Anyone with similar experience?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now