dropped kindle in the bath!

(8 Posts)
NadiaWadia Tue 09-Jul-13 18:01:54

Aargh! Any advice anyone?

It was only in there for a second, and had a cover on it, and at first it seemed OK. But now it is acting weirdly, keeps trying to restart itself and the screen keeps showing that picture of someone reading under a tree. I cannot turn it off completely. Have stuck it in the airing cupboard in hopes the heat may heal it.

Eyesunderarock Tue 09-Jul-13 18:11:11

Our airing cupboard has revived Captain Scarlet and at least two phones and a laptop.
But you need a waterproof cover for next time.

tribpot Tue 09-Jul-13 18:20:41

I would put in a freezer bag, cover it with rice (the dry kind obviously) and then seal the bag. Leave for a long time, like a week. This is how a friend of mine revived an iPad that had been left out in the rain for several hours.

My ds describes my Kindle as 'that thing that goes in the bath' which floored me the first time - I have a waterproof cover so he's right in a sense!

Alternatively I believe Amazon are pretty good with their replacement policy, is it in warranty?

NadiaWadia Tue 09-Jul-13 18:53:01

Yes its in warranty (8 months old) , but I don't know if that would cover it, since its accidental damage. I do have the SquareTrade Extended Warranty though, which should cover it, but if it can be revived that would be less hassle.

tribpot Tue 09-Jul-13 21:59:28

Amazon are normally pretty good, although may have an exception for water damage. I'd phone and ask them, see what they say.

NadiaWadia Wed 10-Jul-13 14:30:44

Thanks for advice everyone, after one night in the rice it seems to be back to normal (fingers crossed). I will be more careful next time!

EDMNWiganSalfordandBlackpool Wed 10-Jul-13 15:02:47

Was going to say rice.

CharlieUniformNovemberTango Wed 10-Jul-13 19:09:18

I put mine inside a sandwich bag when I take it in the bath. Just tie it at the top and you can read through it and still use all the touch functions.

I had a loo at the waterproof covers but never got around to ordering one and desperation sparked my cheapskate idea grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now