Same old question - which e reader?

(9 Posts)
goingtobefree Wed 10-Jul-13 15:08:08

I bought nook and am really enjoying it
Have downloaded books using adobe digital editions
Thanks

lasttothebar Sun 23-Jun-13 21:38:14

To borrow from library install adobe digital editions( its free) onto computer and follow instructions from your local library ebook supplier. Its easy when you've done it my library gives instructions for different devices

The Kobo is meant to be good. However I have a kindle because generally the best prices are on Amazon and I got so bored of illegally stripping DRM (not that I had any intention of sharing them) so I could read my books on a different device, which at that time was a Sony. I prefered my Sony, and I'm slightly angry they've backed me into the Kindle corner, but using Amazon ebooks on any other device is a pain.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 23-Jun-13 19:45:24

Sorry, hadn't realised that. Should know better than to listen to Dh smile

SomedayIllFlyAway Sun 23-Jun-13 19:39:25

I picked up the basic nook yesterday. From what I can gather you can borrow from the library with it, but dont know how. You can import ePub format books from your computer onto it - I have just downloaded a load of classics from project Gothenburg onto it.

I have just been having a quick look on the net and there seems to be various sites such as kobo which allows you to download onto your computer. The nook also supports PDF files too. I think there is a way of accessing the kindle store too, but I think that is computer based too

lasttothebar Sun 23-Jun-13 15:42:33

You can borrow from the library with the nook and you can buy from other stores as long its epub format

goingtobefree Sat 22-Jun-13 23:54:38

No, I will have to look at it as well.
Did not think about this, can you not borrow with nook

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 22-Jun-13 22:21:57

The thing that would put me off the nook is that you are tied to one retailer. Have you see the kobo? She should be able to borrow library books with that one smile

goingtobefree Sat 22-Jun-13 19:05:31

Nook glow light is offer at the moment,I want to get this for dd who will be 13 soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now