Did anyone see the Gadget Show article on ereaders last night?

(2 Posts)
jacquiemccloy Wed 19-Jun-13 04:02:46

I've not seen the show talking about them but my mum got an amazon kindle recently and she loves it. She was always a huge fan of reading but I think she reads more with this as its less bulky compared to paper books. It's also convenient when in bed at night unable to sleep as you don't have to disturb your OH to read by keeping lights on/turning pages.

My DH is stuck in his ways and says he hates reading on them, hurts his eyes, books are better etc etc.

My FIL uses his iPad and he's quite happy with that, I never took him as much of a reader before (except stuff for work) but I think the ease and convenience of a compact reader has encouraged him to read more.

Personally I don't mind an ereader. I have the kindle and iBooks applications on my phone and I will use those to read at night when DH is asleep, or when we are waiting at the docs etc. it's convenient. Although I do still love proper books as well, there's something I love about seeing a full bookcase smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 18-Jun-13 08:59:41

Here. That's it really. Now I just need to work out how to get a Kobo Aura smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now