Repairing kindle screen

(15 Posts)
Bananagio Thu 26-Sep-13 06:54:46

smile you are welcome. Fantastic service arent they, am so happy to have mine back. Would have been lost on holiday without it.

thecatfromjapan Thu 12-Sep-13 16:33:30

Banagio - you are amazing and a goddess. Thank you!

I have just received my repaired Kindle back and I am sooooooo happy!

People - Banangio's recommendation is excellent. I really didn't want one of the "upgrades" (second-hand Kindles you pay a little bit less for) that Amazon offer; I love my 3G keyboard. This company repaired my lovely Kindle for less than any of the "upgrades" I was offered and I am a happy Kindler now.

thanks thanks thanks

Bananagio Tue 16-Jul-13 21:30:43

Thats what mine was like, give it a go. It was about 60 quid and i know the new kindles arent much more than that but mine is a 3g old style one and i really didnt want to go to wifi only. Definitely worth the money and really good service.

Snowgirl1 Tue 16-Jul-13 16:22:10

Ooh, thanks for the update Bananagio. I had just come into this forum to find out which replacement Kindle to get as the screen on mine has got lines all over it - Amazon had told me it couldn't be repaired.

Bananagio Mon 15-Jul-13 15:26:28

just checking back to say have used the company I linked to above and they are great, kindle returned in a few days good as new

HeathRobinson Tue 18-Jun-13 14:56:10

That company looks good, from the reviews. I'm going to carry on with my kindle until the screen becomes unreadable, and then give them a go.

Thanks, Bananagio. thanks

Bananagio Tue 18-Jun-13 12:17:03

this is the one am going to try I think. No idea about any of them so plumped for one and will keep fingers crossed. Not sending it for a couple of weeks though as am out of the UK so if any of you want to test the service for me and report back let me know grin.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 18-Jun-13 09:11:16

Yes, please tell us. Think if my old keyboard kindle died I would be a wreck too. Mind you am a tiny bit avaricious of the new kobo aura.

HeathRobinson Tue 18-Jun-13 09:02:08

Ooh, what company's that, Bananagio? My kindle's got lines on it now (less than 3 years old) and I could do with repairing it rather than replacing.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 18-Jun-13 08:55:56

If you use it on the beach, have you tried a zip lock bag glo?

Bananagio Tue 18-Jun-13 07:37:04

Have found a company which replace them for 55 quid so think will try that route. Apparently they clean them out as well which wont do it any harm as am sure has half a beach in there. Fingers crossed

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 17-Jun-13 22:51:39

Have you looked on ebay or amazon warehouse.

You have my sympathy too, I sat on mine, luckily amazon replaced it.

Bananagio Sun 16-Jun-13 06:27:44

Its 2 years old. Amazon have offered a discount off the wifi model but really want the 3G model

Trills Sat 15-Jun-13 22:08:09

How old is it? I've heard positive stories of people who have asked Amazon.

Bananagio Sat 15-Jun-13 22:04:17

My kindle was sat on today and screen seems broken ( no cracks but frozen, distorted picture). I have the 3g keyboard model and its out of warranty. The only 3g model i can see they sell is 169 which is way too expensive for me. Has anyone had any positive experiences with either mending the screen or picking up a second hand one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now