sea stirred

(19 Posts)
likesnowflakesinanocean Sat 20-Apr-13 11:59:57

I have Just finished sea stirred and wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. an easy summer read which in the dreary weather transported me to the beach and reminded of what it was like to find your first lovesmile . I know the writer is an mner so I hope she sees this

MorvahRising Sun 21-Apr-13 16:32:33

Thank you so much! Am thrilled you enjoyed it and really chuffed that you took the trouble to let me know! Did you see we sort of cross posted with your thread on chat? smile

likesnowflakesinanocean Sun 21-Apr-13 18:39:00

haven't checked my thread yet. you got any other gems to read while I'm laid up grin. loved it it reminded me of bein young and in love, then from a different perspective made me query what I will feel like when it is my stepdaughter in a few years with the same! plus it was heaven to think of the seaside againgrin

ChloeR32 Mon 22-Apr-13 17:17:12

I'm always looking for recommendations so I'll take a look and happy to support anyone who has sat down a written a book!
I feel lost if I don't have a list of books waiting to be read.
I'm new here. Is there anywhere on here that we can recommend books or is it against the rules.
I'll try anything as long as the writing is good. Last book was Snow Child which I loved it felt like I was living those Alaskan winter with them. Current book is Tallulahs Got A Shopping Trolley - which is a bit like a UK Stephanie Plum - really enjoying it so far.

MorvahRising Tue 23-Apr-13 16:48:02

likessnowflakes have you just left me a review on Amazon? It looked a bit similar to your post above. If it was you, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do that, I'm thrilled!

I have got another novel in the pipeline but it needs quite a bit of revision before I can let it loose . . . . .

chloe hi and thank you, as far as I know I think you can recommend books wherever you like as long as you don't advertise your own! Snow Child looks interesting, might give that a go.

likesnowflakesinanocean Tue 23-Apr-13 18:33:32

yep guilty that was megrin happy to help and really enjoyed doing it I just want to know if they do keep In touch!

MorvahRising Sat 11-May-13 09:26:53

It's on a free promotion on Amazon today and tomorrow! smile

ElectricSoftParade Sat 11-May-13 09:33:41

Just got it and will let you know smile.

Well done you!

MorvahRising Sat 11-May-13 20:23:45

Thanks ElectricSoftParade! Hope you like it!

mynaughtylittlesister Sat 11-May-13 20:35:49

I have read it too!

Good easy read, enjoyed it to the end.

sadlovedgirl Sat 11-May-13 20:49:32

Thanks for the recommendation, I've just downloaded it too!

MorvahRising Sun 12-May-13 20:32:50

Thank you both, much appreciated!

sadlovedgirl Sun 12-May-13 22:16:39

Morvah I absolutely bloody loved it! Read it in a day whilst supposed to be looking after the kids and I can't wait to read it again!
Somehow you transported me back to being 13 again and so wanting to appear cool and grown up.
You also managed to make me want to go to Cornwall NOW, but that may be cos we holiday at Treyarnon bay not a million miles away!!
Thank you

MorvahRising Mon 13-May-13 12:14:54

Thank you so much! You're really made my day. I'm so glad you liked it. We love Treyarnon too!

ElectricSoftParade Tue 14-May-13 20:19:26

Lovely, I really, really enjoyed it. Thank you.

You are very talented smile.

More please!

MorvahRising Wed 15-May-13 13:25:42

Thank you ElectricSoftParade! That's very kind of you!

likesnowflakesinanocean Mon 20-May-13 22:20:50

so have you started the second one grin

Lomaamina Fri 24-May-13 21:33:40

I bought a copy thanks to this thread and I have to say that I also really enjoyed it. It's so nice to see a properly fleshed out teenage character. It reminded me a bit of Lynne Reid Banks' teenage characters.

And I loved the portrayal of the family. I would have been the girl next door looking longingly over the fence at their antics.

MorvahRising Fri 31-May-13 20:53:46

Just wanted to say thank you but don't want anyone to think I keep coming back to bump a thread about my book! I honestly can't tell you how wonderful it is to know that not only have people bothered to download my book, but that they have enjoyed it and taken the time to post about it. smile

likessnowflakes haven't started a sequel yet, not sure if I want to! Would hate to have to mess it all up for them in order to create the 'conflict' that all novels ought to have! I got so fond of them both while writing it . . .

lomaamina thank you for that; not having been a teenager for a very considerable time it's nice to know it's a reasonably realistic portrayal.
Quite a bit of the family stuff is lifted from our family holidays. If we'd seen you over the fence you'd have been very welcome to come over . . . !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now