done to death, but which one should I get?

(10 Posts)
Phoebe47 Wed 07-Aug-13 16:27:26

I have the original kindle and I love it. Have had it for 4 years, loads of books on. Have had several hospital stays since I got it and it was my best friend. Easy to read in bed and I put a load of books on it before I went in which kept me going even through a 5 week stay. DH bought me a lovely new cover for it at Christmas and I love the cheerful flower design. We have hundreds of books in our house but really have very little space for more unless we get rid of some of the ones we already have (to school fair etc). Always difficult to know what to give away. With my Kindle I do not have this problem.

TheFoosa Thu 09-May-13 13:01:17

the Nook is reduced at the moment, but don't know much about the Barnes & Noble ebook store

uk.nook.com/

LOOOOve my nexus 7. Have the kindle app and can use Amazon, paper stuff etc... but can also use google books which has a much nicer interface i think smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 18-Apr-13 07:54:32

Sounds like a good idea. The thing I like about the kobos is that you can borrow ebooks from some libraries.

8oreighty Wed 17-Apr-13 12:30:24

Read about kobo on here hadn't heard of it before... Guess I need to go into a shop and look at them all.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 15-Apr-13 22:05:08

Have you had a look at the kobo glo?

8oreighty Mon 15-Apr-13 18:58:57

Is paperwhite the new touch? So you don't always have to have the light on? And there aren't ads popping up are there? Looked into buying one in America and you have to pay extra to not have ads?!!!

Samu2 Mon 15-Apr-13 18:21:20

Paperwhite!! you can turn the light right down. The light is fantastic, it's perfect to read in any light conditions.

Do not hurt your eyes at all.

ilove Mon 15-Apr-13 17:52:15

Kindle touch. Flipping adore mine!

8oreighty Mon 15-Apr-13 15:38:53

I've had a good look through all the advice, but wondered if could get a bit more help deciding. Not sure if should go for basic kindle or kindle paperwhite. I am slightly put off the light if anything, is it always on? And does it bother your eyes? I just want the kindle for straight reading of books...so pretty sure the basic is the one, but then might be missing something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now