I wish I could connect my Kindle to my computer & sort it all out into folders...

(10 Posts)
KatyMac Sat 23-Mar-13 20:20:22

...hopefully this is the point where someone tells me I can & explains how [hopeful?]

Fashionfail Sat 23-Mar-13 20:22:23

My dh does folders but i haven't a clue how <<joins vigil>>

CockyFox Sat 23-Mar-13 20:34:45

You can. Connect it using the charging lead. Click on my computer, select the kindle open it move things around and make folders the same as on your PC.

tribpot Sat 23-Mar-13 20:37:56

This might help - I didn't know you could organise the collections from the PC? (Not doubting you can, I just didn't realise).

CockyFox Sat 23-Mar-13 20:42:01

I have definitlely done it, DH is an IT tech and looked at me like I was stupid and said that pretty much any connected device can be treated like an external hard drive on a PC ( except apple products).

KatyMac Sat 23-Mar-13 20:42:58

Oh

Now I have lots of Icons; I have

Blue books
Yellow folders
funny <not sure what it is> icon

what do they all mean?

KatyMac Sat 23-Mar-13 20:45:59

OK

Blue books = Kindle Content
Yellow folders = File FOlder
funny <not sure what it is> icon = AZW3 file

But what dos it mean?? & where are my collections?

& I seem to have the book that are in the cloud listed too (I wonder if there is a connection?)

CockyFox Sat 23-Mar-13 20:56:55

I am pretty sure you can move those blue ones onto the folders and can make new folders to put them in. I have all my ou things in one folder, novels in one, non fiction in one and one for naughty novels.

KatyMac Sat 23-Mar-13 21:07:03

I made a folder but I couldn't see it on my kindle

butterflymum Mon 01-Apr-13 21:39:40

You could always try the popular calibre-ebook.com/ to help manage your books.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now