Do I want a paperwhite?

(13 Posts)
goldenlula Sat 23-Mar-13 13:03:50

I have the paper white and it is great. I can read whie dh sleeps undisturbe by a light. Only problem I have is a keep trying to scroll up, like yo do on a phone or iPad, but that is my problem not the kindle's!

difficultpickle Sun 17-Mar-13 00:07:19

I use my Kindle keyboard on my commute to work. When I read in bed I use the Kindle app on my Iphone. I like the fact that it is small to hold and easy to read. It automatically syncs with my Kindle too.

ouryve Sat 16-Mar-13 21:05:22

I was considering upgrading my kindle keyboard to a paperwhite. I like the idea of the backlight and the increased contrast, since I normally read in bed, too. I tried one out in currys and thought it was rather slow and unresponsive. It might just have been the demo mode that it was in, but it didn't convince me that I needed to upgrade before it became a real necessity.

littlemisstax Sat 16-Mar-13 21:03:10

Thanks all. Have showed the thread to DH who will be purchasing said paperwhite smile

IroningBoredDaily Thu 14-Mar-13 07:40:02

What about the kindle fire?? We have this for dd and it is amazing! She can use it for books, music, apps etc. Currently £89 at carphone warehouse apparently.

chicaguapa Thu 14-Mar-13 07:33:09

I like the paperwhite as it is backlit for in the dark

I thought the point of the paperwhite is that it's front lit so it's just like reading the kindle with the light on, rather than like using a kindle app on a tablet/phone? confused

I have a kindle touch and covet the paperwhite. Not just because of the lighting, but because the library is displayed as book covers and not as a list of books. But I get around it now by selecting my next book from the tablet kindle app and then reading it on the kindle touch.

Bluebell99 Thu 14-Mar-13 07:20:22

I have the original keyboard kindle, but for Christmas I Hort the kobo glo because I can borrow books from the library on itfor free.I still use the kindle though as the books are much cheaper to buy and send to have more variety.

MercedesKing Thu 14-Mar-13 07:02:29

Sounds like a paperwhite will be an indispensable preparation. If he would like to do that, let him do that for you, that sounds considering. smile

DrMcDreamysWife Wed 13-Mar-13 10:08:47

My dh got me one recently. It's fabidabulous!! Brilliant for epic night feeds because of the backlight and the touch screen is totally doable one handed. You need it!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Mar-13 10:05:36

How about the kobo glo? Like the paper white but you can borrow ebooks from some libraries.

Samu2 Mon 11-Mar-13 11:59:29

Yes, yes you do!

I like the paperwhite as it is backlit for in the dark plus you dont get the clicking sound from the buttons when turning the page as you use the touchscreen instead.

littlemisstax Sun 10-Mar-13 21:10:56

DH bought me a kindle (original keyboard one) when DD was born so I could manage to read and feed at the same time. I love it and read as much as I can on it.

Now DC2 is on their way he has offered to get me a paperwhite - is this worth getting when I've already got a kindle? (he possibly wants this so I don't need the light on for nightfeeds). I need to make a decision soon as he's going away with work and may get it cheaper at the airport (or the other option is to get one in the US, but I think I saw something that said they're cheaper as they're full of adverts - I certainly don't want that!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now