Kobo v nook

(12 Posts)
lovestogarden Wed 21-Aug-13 14:00:55

Can you use a US bought nook in the UK?

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Mar-13 21:45:10

I so need a kobo.

Iaintdunnuffink Wed 13-Mar-13 20:21:49

I can't compare but we have 4 kobo's in the house and would buy again.

nickelbabe Tue 26-Feb-13 22:28:48

hive will a smallcommission to your nearssg (or chosen) independent bookshop who is signed up.
they have a map.
mine's on there smile

LittleMissFantabulous Tue 26-Feb-13 21:49:40

We don't have an indie bookshop any more. They converted into an online student bookshop. Like the idea of the support thoughsmile

My smartphone is evil, but I love it sogrin

LittleMissFantabulous Tue 26-Feb-13 21:46:49

Sorry, this fell off my list of threads. I shall investigate the gotab and kobo widgets. Thank you.

nickelbabe Mon 18-Feb-13 11:50:51

that is true grin

I like that because it's wireless, if you?re not at home, the temptation isn't there to internet...
(unlike my blooming smartphonehmm )

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 17-Feb-13 23:02:13

Personally though I wouldn't want a tablet because I'd just end up messing about on MN instead of reading grin

nickelbabe Sun 17-Feb-13 22:13:47

that's why the gotab is so good.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 17-Feb-13 21:26:27

The thing that would put me off the nook is the fact that like the kindle, you are tied to one supplier for you ebooks. With the kobo you can shop anywhere and even borrow ebooks from some libraries.

nickelbabe Sun 17-Feb-13 21:08:28

get a gotab from www.hive.co.uk

it's cheap - I've got the 7"
it can be used as a tablet for internrt and stuff, works on wireless and yiu can download good ereader apps including the kindle app if you need to and a really good one called aldiko which is the best ereader app, but you can also download the nook app.
so you have loads of choice where to get your ebooks.
and a small commission goes to your local jndependent bookseller for any hive purchases

this is mine

for the price it's really good.

LittleMissFantabulous Sun 17-Feb-13 16:17:21

I'm needing a new e-reader. I'm never touching a kindle device again as I've had three and they were beyond naff as far as build quality is concerned. So, alternatives ahoy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now