New Kindle

(11 Posts)
Cheddars Mon 04-Feb-13 21:59:34

I'm loving mine. I had the Touch but I never quite 'got it'. I liked having the technology but could take it or leave it over real books.

Now I read loads at night without having to use an annoying book light. It's really transformed my reading, and it doesn't disturb dh like the book light did.

If you read in the dark then it's amazing but if you're happy with a lamp/read in the day then there's no advantage I suppose.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 04-Feb-13 20:47:29

I've got a keyboard but the paper white just doesn't appeal. I'd much rather have a kobo glo and borrow ebooks from the library.

dalek Mon 04-Feb-13 20:31:55

Slightly off topic but what do owners of paperwhites think of them? Is it worth swapping from the kindle keyboard?

TIA
X

Cheddars Mon 04-Feb-13 20:27:45

The only thing that doesn't transfer is samples. I had to re-download each one.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 31-Jan-13 15:00:49

It will be fine. I've put my DMs kindle on my account and now she has all of my books too smile

Chopstheduck Thu 31-Jan-13 06:00:34

sorry I forgot about this! Once you register your new one with amazon, all the books you previously purchased will appear in your archive and you can sync them to the new device.

Phoebe47 Wed 30-Jan-13 19:21:33

Thanks for that AtAmber.

AtAmber Wed 30-Jan-13 19:19:55

I've got the paperwhite and had no problem transferring all my books over.

Phoebe47 Wed 30-Jan-13 19:18:16

Yes I purchased all my books via Amazon Chops.

Chopstheduck Wed 30-Jan-13 19:09:32

Did you purchase the books via amazon?

Phoebe47 Wed 30-Jan-13 19:08:24

I want to upgrade from my present Kindle to the Kindle Paperwhite. Will I be able to transfer the books I already have from my present Kindle to a new one? Thanks in advance for any help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now