Kindle daily deal getting worse

(16 Posts)
hippins Mon 15-Jul-13 18:15:15

I had an email from amazon about a new book by Dana Stabenow available to pre-order in paperback, so I ordered it even tho it was really expensive, as I love her series. Only to find when i was sat on my holiday lounger by the pool that it wasn't new at all but was a reprint of the fourth book in the series, several years old and I had read it years ago.
Really annoying. They don't seem to be linking up kindle purchases with 'real' book buys even when they are purchased on the same amazon account with the same amazon credit card.

katydid02 Sun 07-Jul-13 08:15:27

Yes, I think it's got pretty poor. I was spending £3 a week but it's now maybe that a month.

psychologymum Fri 28-Jun-13 17:27:05

You could try www.smashwords.com. They have free books to download to any device.

johnworf Tue 25-Jun-13 11:32:08

mindingalongtime thanks for posting the link. That website looks miles better than Amazon daily deals. grin

Southeastdweller Mon 24-Jun-13 22:55:39

It's dire at the moment, yes. Think I'll unsubscribe from the daily email they send.

BOF Sat 22-Jun-13 13:18:49

It goes up and down, I find.

MrsMaryCooper Sat 22-Jun-13 13:15:31

This is a dry spell. I found the sci fic deals quite tempting. Romance deals, not so much.

mindingalongtime Wed 19-Jun-13 12:00:31

I've given up on Amazon reads too, and subscribe to www.dailycheapreads.co.uk/ and buy at least once week. Freya North 99p today

alteredimages Sun 16-Jun-13 21:55:46

I started buying around Christmas time so there were lots of cheap books around. I've noticed the prices really creeping up in the past couple of months and definitely agree about the quality of the books on offer declining. Children's picture books in particular seem to have increased in price. Finding it hard to find anything good for less than £2.99 and I have for the first time been returning books I don't like.

Janeafterhours Wed 15-May-13 12:26:42

Hi
Yes I have noticed that the deals are dwindling and I have also noticed that they do not always have the new books that have just come out and they are no cheaper to download to kindle than they are to buy. But I still find something good to read, would be lost without my kindle as I get all emails etc on there too
Keep reading

elkiedee Mon 04-Mar-13 15:00:36

It was rubbish for several weeks, but has suddenly got much, much better again. I tend to avoid the ones produced by Amazon imprints - Amazon Crossing, Thomas and Mercer, etc, unless people I know have something good to say about them, or occasionally they're reprints of books I actually wanted to read.

Cherrypi Tue 22-Jan-13 20:48:55

Glad it's just not me. Not that I've run out of books or anything wink

ElectricSoftParade Tue 22-Jan-13 18:26:04

Actually, now you've said it, I agree. I haven't bought any for quite a while but still check the email each morning. I like to check as spending 99p isn't too much and it is so lovely to have something more to read. Just not what they are promoting lately.

fuzzpig Tue 22-Jan-13 18:22:05

Yes, I've noticed it too. Although it hasn't bothered me too much as it means I don't spend money blush

I always check the email first thing but these days I'm frequently confused and hmm at their offerings. I got 13 books for under a tenner in their January sale though so I'm stocked up for the moment at least.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 22-Jan-13 18:18:25

Could it be that the publishers are just pushing the books they can't sell?

Cherrypi Mon 21-Jan-13 07:11:48

Is it just me or has the quality if the books chosen for the daily deal gone down? I used to buy at least one a week but haven't bought any for ages. Any theories to whats going on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now