Couple of Kindle questions

(10 Posts)
Prolificmincepiebreeder Mon 14-Jan-13 21:59:43

I have an iPhone 5 do I need a Kindle Fire? Or just a kindle paperwhite?
I don't watch tv on the phone and doubt I would on the kindle tbh.
I do however read at night, can I do that with the paperwhite? Or do I need to stick to the fire?
What is the charge like with kindle?

Thanks 😄

Prolificmincepiebreeder Mon 14-Jan-13 22:00:05

smile that should be not numbers!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 10:09:21

I'd just go for the regular kindle pw, unless you particularly want the functions of a tablet. I know that if I haspd the fire I would not read the books I would spend all the time mucking about on Mn.

Have a look at the kobo glo too. Similar to the pw but you can borrow library books too smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 10:10:51

Oh and my kindle (the keyboard one) lasts about a month but it obviously depends on how much you read smile

PestoFrostissimos Wed 16-Jan-13 10:23:57

Mine will last up to a month, but if I'm reading with the book light running off it (via the leather cover), then it lasts about 2 weeks. I do read a lot though smile

ProlificWillyBreeder Wed 16-Jan-13 18:29:16

Thanks everyone.
I have been considering a kobo glo, I use my phone for everything so this would just be for reading even though I want the kobo glo.
What worries me is there a lack of books?
I'm an amazon whore!

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 16-Jan-13 19:54:55

Does your library loan out ebooks? If so you're not going to get a shortage smile

ProlificWillyBreeder Thu 17-Jan-13 13:47:01

I checked and it does!
I'm getting a kobo glo.
Thanks for all the advice smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 17-Jan-13 14:03:57

Not envy at all. You go and get your kobo glo and don't you worry about us koboless ones grin

ProlificWillyBreeder Fri 18-Jan-13 02:16:37

Sorry jilted! I'll read to you if you like from my kobo?
Are you sitting comfortably? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now